Sunday, July 5, 2009

Cameras and Memories

So, the fourth of July was fun. I was at a party with a group of my friends, and we did a lot of normal things... volleyball, watching a movie, swimming, sparklers... and I was happy to be able to have a quick mini-adventure.
It wasn't much; we just took a run down the street in the dark. It was an interesting experience, because a lot of people in the area had fireworks. There seemed to be bright lights and loud booms coming from every direction. We found one spot amidst two sets of power lines, where on either side of us, long expanses of field stretched out and framed the fireworks. It made for quite a cool experience, but I kept thinking about how I wanted to record it. I tried to record it on my new cell phone, but only a few fireworks were visible in the dark.

And now, I want a camera that can record in the dark. How does that work, anyway...?

I also realized that I have a growing obsession with photos and videos. I feel like time is passing so fast, and I want to remember EVERYTHING. I feel like I'm going to be bringing my camera everywhere with me soon.
But, I have to wonder... is it unhealthy to have an obsession with remembering the past? Will it prevent me from enjoying the present?

No comments:

Post a Comment